If you are a ROWING coach that is building a TEAM boat you might think that your skills and the ones of a CHEERLEADING coach have nothing in common but the reality is that you might be wrong. As a ROWING COACH one of the skills you need is the ability to help your crew to match together and develop a good rhythm. I’m sure you already have different training strategies in your system that you use over the season to achieve that.
Here is a list of 5 actions that you might be already using to match your crew.
1) Use the 2-,4- and 4+ moving people around to develop to the 8+.
2) Use Rowperfect rowing machines linked together like on the video to get to build your Team boat. You can link them as 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 or even more.
3) Use sculling boats to develop individual skill.
4) Use drills like pauses, rowing part of the stroke, rowing part of the crew and rowing at different stroke rates and speed, pressure.
5) Use video to get visual feedback of how we are matching together using the PAUSES and SLOW MOTION.
In this video you can see how this TEAM is using 8 Rowperfect Rowing Machines linked together doing drills to match better before getting on the water.